Saturday 29 June 2013

Hand Knit Technical Folder

Our hand knitting was to be done alongside the machine knitting and we were taught various techniques as well as crochet. Thankfully I had already done a bit of knitting and crochet at A-level and over the summer holidays so it was just a matter of reminding myself how to do it rather than learning it from scratch! We learned 10 knitting techniques including the basic garter stitch and stocking stitch and 4 crochet techniques. All the yarn I've used I have dyed myself and are 4ply. 
Here are some of my samples from hand knitting:

Decreasing at the top and Increasing at the bottom

Ribbing

Close up of Ribbing

Moss Stitch

Close up of Moss Stitch

Cables

Close up of Cables

Lace - Staggered Eyelets

Bobbles (close up)

Fair Isle



Crochet Samples:

Slip Stitch

Double Crochet

Close up of Double Crochet

Half Treble Crochet

Close up of Half Treble

Double Treble

Close up of Double Treble




Creative Samples:

Crocheted granny square
Crocheted coral
  
Crocheted snowflake (about 6cm wide)







No comments:

Post a Comment